My office for work is pretty casual, luckily because I said I will never wear a pantsuit since forever. Unless of course it's one of those tres chic pantsuits that look they are straight off the runway, but you know what I mean. This said, I still like to keep it professional and look clean cut for work. Typically consisting of black jeans, blouses, skirts and dresses.


What I have noticed from this internship, is how much non-professional clothes I own. Which is pretty understandable, as I'm a college student and not needing many professional outfits. But knowing that the "real world" is only a year away. It seems like the perfect time to transition my wardrobe to it's next stage of life; adulthood. Yikes! Crazy to think how soon that will be coming up.

Especially in the summer, when it's so hot out but shorts are obviously off limits for the office. I am totally not used to that kind of dress code because on typical summer days I have my cutoffs on. So I've found the best substitute is my denim skirt. It's not extremely short, about dress length, and still comfortable for the office. I absolutely love this skirt because it's under $20 and matches literally everything!

Top: Boutique | Skirt: Target | Shoes: Marc Fisher | Bag: Nicole Miller

My office for work is pretty casual, luckily because I said I will never wear a pantsuit since forever. Unless of course it's one of those tres chic pantsuits that look they are straight off the runway, but you know what I mean. This said, I still like to keep it professional and look clean cut for work. Typically consisting of black jeans, blouses, skirts and dresses.


What I have noticed from this internship, is how much non-professional clothes I own. Which is pretty understandable, as I'm a college student and not needing many professional outfits. But knowing that the "real world" is only a year away. It seems like the perfect time to transition my wardrobe to it's next stage of life; adulthood. Yikes! Crazy to think how soon that will be coming up.

Especially in the summer, when it's so hot out but shorts are obviously off limits for the office. I am totally not used to that kind of dress code because on typical summer days I have my cutoffs on. So I've found the best substitute is my denim skirt. It's not extremely short, about dress length, and still comfortable for the office. I absolutely love this skirt because it's under $20 and matches literally everything!

Top: Boutique | Skirt: Target | Shoes: Marc Fisher | Bag: Nicole Miller

9 comments

  1. very nice outfit!

    https://4highheelsfans.wordpress.com/2017/07/06/summer-queens/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My internship's office is super casual so I totally feel you on the no-pantsuit-thing too. I acutally super excited to grow my office wardrobe to an Olivia Pope-worthy collection haha.

    xx Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally feel that, I can't wait to start wearing cute dresses to the office

      Delete
  3. I think I've found the perfect espadrilles!! The color and the shape are exactly what I have been looking for!

    Julia || Closet de Jules || Recent Post - Affordable Swimsuits Review from Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shirt and shoes! I'm an intern too and I totally agree with what you said. Maybe someday i'll pant-suit it up, but for now business casual works great!

    xo,

    North + South + Navy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very nice and cute outfit more than suitable for the office. I like how you paired it with a pair of comfy flats.

    Pop by to check my new blog post
    http://www.elegantduchess.com/2017/07/11/ruffle-up-you-are-in-for-a-wavy-ride/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blush has become my new favorite color. It's so chic and goes with everything
    Kate || KATE KOUTURES

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely combination! Love your top!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely skirt!

    https://brightdecember.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

Contact

Instagram

© Emma's Style Guide
Design by The Basic Page