16 of 2016

Monday, January 2, 2017

Hey there 2017! Where did you come from?!?!
2016 went by really fast. As I multitask with end-of-the-year chores, I realized that 2016 was indeed significant for me. As I reflected, I decided to make a 16 of 2016; 16 of my favorite moments and looks from this past year all in one post. 

Thankfully journalling and going through old blog posts helped me remember the important moments that I almost forgot happened in 2016!

I left the country for what seems like the first time in a long time! My family and I went on an amazing vacation to Cancun, Mexico. It was a trip full of firsts, which I'll go over a lot later. I'm a summer-lover, and Cancun made my summer so fantastic. It was a place of complete beauty, and the weather was always spectacular. There are so many stories, and the place is exploding with color. I would go back any summer!

The Chichen Itza ruins were one of my favorite parts of going to Cancun. Yes, it felt like I might be on the edge of having a heat stroke, but seeing the Mayan buildings and construction was so cool. What I'd learned in 6th grade ancient history was actually being applied to my real life (thanks Ms. Richmond, I never thought I'd need it but I'm sure glad you taught us about ancient Maya). And yes CACTI EVERYWHERE. What more could I ask for?!?!

Trips to SoHo will always be memorable for me. I do wish to live/work in SoHo someday, and this summer I got a day to roam around myself. Almost like the summer I had an internship in SoHo. It felt like a second home, but full of news places and experiences every trip. 

I'm a little in denial of this one, but I hit the double digits. And I'll have my five-year-old moments, just like I did here with my star balloons and playing in the alley. I had one of my favorite birthdays this year because it was full of friends and love. I got so many special surprises from my friends on my birthday; 50 balloons, the Capture my Style book, sushi...
 to say the least, I was a happy girl!

One of my most liked photos on instagram this year, and one of my favorite summer dresses I got this year. This dress was a gift from my aunt. The day I wore it was a hot one. My sis, brother and I hit up Harvard Square, roamed the Harvard yard, and I bought my beautiful new cactus (deb).
The journey to Isles Mujeres. Just look at this view! Looking through this pictures, all I want to do is go back to that clear water and swim in it. Our cute little raft ride to our tropical island. It really felt like a fantasy getting to explore the waters with the sun beating on your back and Spanish music blaring.

I got to hold a shark! Yes I did scream, yes it was scaley. But it's a story that I can tell people now. Bonus, it makes me look like I have a pretty exciting life.

At the beginning of the school year, I rushed girls for the first time with my sorority. It's something I never thought I'd do. I never thought I'd join a sorority, (it seemed so unlike me! I was wrong) let alone rush other girls. It was a tiresome and long process, but it taught me a lot and I gained experience on socializing and making connections. I'm not saying that I had a problem with socializing beforehand, but it was good practice and makes it feel very natural now. Plus I found I love making connections with strangers!


I had the wonderful opportunity to collaborate with Reebok on their Perfect Never campaign. Making content for the same line that Gigi Hadid is the spokesperson of is something not everyone can say. It was also the longest collaboration I've done with company, lasting three months with complete monthly looks. 

I've started going bold on lipsticks this year. Something I never thought I'd do. I was always late on the makeup train in high school, and continuing through college. I like to keep it simple, but there's something about lipstick that's different for me! I love playing with fun and bold shades. This deep red has been a personal favorite for the past year!

Another adventure I had over the summer was going to California over the summer. Setting my mind so much on New York, I could never see myself anywhere else. But after seeing all the beauty in California, I know there are a lot more options out there! I miss the Palo Alto view, and beautiful tiled floors.

This year was definitely about greenery for me. And a year for #plantsonpink. This was really another of my favorite dresses (help i can't just pick one). It was another instagram favorite as well! I will definitely be pulling out this bad boy next summer.

In the middle of exploring DTLA, Mom and I made a stop right before heading to LAX at this wall. We passed it everyday on the way to the convention center in Cali and I knew before we left I had to get a picture with it. It just so happened to be right next to a cute little bar/grill restaurant with bomb garlic french fries and it made for the perfect ending to our California visit.

Being so close to New York, you'd think I'd make more trips over winter there. But I hardly ever do. And I wish I did more. Mom, Anna, and I spent a day trip there when it wasn't too cold. And I got to breathe in that cold city air, I didn't even mind.

Another one of my favorite collaborations this year was with Dick's Sporting Goods. Athleisure has been so popular in street style lately, and I'm a big fan because comfort. So when Dick's reached out to me and said I could pick a look from their site, I was elated! There were so many options! I ended up going with a safe classic, Nike, and still wear this hoodie on all my flights.

So just to get a look at some of the things I did in 2016, here they are! I'm wishing all you lovely readers out there a happy New Year, and that your 2017 jam packed with good memories and crazy adventures!

16 comments:

  1. Great read and amazing photos! That Reebok opportunity is simply amazing!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    & Much love,
    HER FASTEST FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your recap of 2016.
    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits - that all black one with the hat is my favorite!! :)
    Happy New Year <3
    xx
    http://putitallonme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog has been great this year! So exciting to work with Reebok, I love the kit you're in x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic pictures.Happy New Year hun.x

    www.stephylately.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had an amazing year! I absolutely love your style :) hope you're having a wonderful 2017 so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!!! what a gorgeous recap!! I absolutely love your black top in the first pictures!!

    I'd be happy if you'd drop by my blog too!
    best,
    ❥ Vicky | The Golden Bun - Instagram TGB-

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful recap! Happy new year! :)
    Kiss
    Luna
    http://www.fashionsnobber.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab article, love it. BTW I’ve just written this post on 10 awesome backless sweaters and thought you might like it :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always fun to reflect on the great times and adventure of the past year. Happy New Year!

    xx
    www.milkwhitemoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing year you had!

    http://www.neishaalvarado.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS・POWERED BY BLOGGER