There are some days so unbearably hot there is no way I'm putting anything form fitting or heavy on my body. These past few weeks have kind of been like that. This dress has been my favorite addition to my wardrobe. I went shopping with my aunt Colleen and sister and I picked this dress at a cute boutique.

I went to Harvard Square with my siblings when it was a pretty steamy 95 degree day. But I love heat, so I thought it'd be fun to get out of the house, and go from shop to shop (for AC of course). I was just having a ball dancing around the yard in this dress, it's so flowy and fun to walk around in!

Not to mention, I've lived in the Boston area my entire life, and I'd never been to the Harvard Yard. A little embarrassing right? Weird that I've lived by the oldest university in America, and never actually visited it. My first time visiting was actually earlier in the month with Peter, so it was both our first time visiting. It is quite a pretty campus to say the least! Like something out of Harry Potter, and in summer there are loads of people visiting and walking around campus. Nothing quite like that at Purdue! 

After roaming Harvard, and playing Pokemon Go in the meantime (hey, someone set up a lure there we couldn't resist!), we headed to the center with all the shops and I wanted to go to the Brattle Square Florist. It took me a while to pick out what little plant friend I wanted to bring home, but settled on a bright pink ruby ball cactus and named her Deb! She gets to live on my windowsill for now(:

Dress: Dex (on sale under $40!) | Shoes: Steve Madden | Sunglasses: Quay Australia

Follow
There are some days so unbearably hot there is no way I'm putting anything form fitting or heavy on my body. These past few weeks have kind of been like that. This dress has been my favorite addition to my wardrobe. I went shopping with my aunt Colleen and sister and I picked this dress at a cute boutique.

I went to Harvard Square with my siblings when it was a pretty steamy 95 degree day. But I love heat, so I thought it'd be fun to get out of the house, and go from shop to shop (for AC of course). I was just having a ball dancing around the yard in this dress, it's so flowy and fun to walk around in!

Not to mention, I've lived in the Boston area my entire life, and I'd never been to the Harvard Yard. A little embarrassing right? Weird that I've lived by the oldest university in America, and never actually visited it. My first time visiting was actually earlier in the month with Peter, so it was both our first time visiting. It is quite a pretty campus to say the least! Like something out of Harry Potter, and in summer there are loads of people visiting and walking around campus. Nothing quite like that at Purdue! 

After roaming Harvard, and playing Pokemon Go in the meantime (hey, someone set up a lure there we couldn't resist!), we headed to the center with all the shops and I wanted to go to the Brattle Square Florist. It took me a while to pick out what little plant friend I wanted to bring home, but settled on a bright pink ruby ball cactus and named her Deb! She gets to live on my windowsill for now(:

Dress: Dex (on sale under $40!) | Shoes: Steve Madden | Sunglasses: Quay Australia

Follow

25 comments

  1. This looks like the softest and lightest dress. The blue embroidery is gorgeous!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dress! the embroidery is so pretty!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is so pretty!

    nyposh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! Definitely perfect for hot summer days!

    xx

    Nicole | http://toogoldstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress and sunnies! If you've never been, go to Bartley's Burgers in Harvard Square. SO so good.

    xx Hannah
    http://thenaturalizednewyorker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been, but I will definitely make it a stop on my next trip! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  6. This dress is adorable! I love it.

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dress!


    http://brightdecember.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely dress & I love the details on it. You look gorg in those shades :)

    xoxo Eva | www.evakindles.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice dress! I like it!
    xo
    www.sahara-desert.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harvard Square is definitely a very beautiful place to walk around. I'm from Boston, too!
    Very pretty dress btw. It is so perfect for the hot weather that we've been having here. :)

    LifeOfArdor.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute dress!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute look and blog! Stop by my blog anytime :)

    xoxo Sienna
    http://www.fashionintheair.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love this dress, it fits you in the best way!

    -xx, Sia
    http://www.siafoch.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love with your dress! The combination of the the blue and white is so elegant!
    -kate
    Katekoutures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in love with your dress! The combination of the the blue and white is so elegant!
    -kate
    Katekoutures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this dress ! so cute
    http://www.mademoiselleperrier.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing post, love your style :)

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing photos, hun!
    I really love your dress <3

    xo,
    Iga
    www.STYLENIGHTCAP.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

Contact

Instagram

© Emma's Style Guide
Design by The Basic Page