Hello lovely people, and hello 2016! I hope you all had a great time either going out or staying in (like me) when the ball dropped at midnight! I decided to spend my last few hours of 2015 watching High School Musical with my sister, after all, it is the 10 year anniversary of Troy and Gabriella's first duet! If you read my last post, where I shared the highlights of my year, you'd know that the end of my year was a little rocky. But here's a toast to a sweet 16! Let's work to make this year better than the last(:

You may know I'm a fan of black, and easy-going looks. So put those two things together, and it's practically this outfit. I love the whole cape look, because it's a variation of the poncho, which I was very into in elementary school and hope to bring back! I went into Boston with my friend Vivian to grab a lunch at Tatte, grab a coffee, and shop. 

At the time, it was weirdly warm, so I was fine in just the long sleeve and practically a scarf as my coat. Which is so weird to say in winter in New England! But I took advantage of it anyways! We tried a new coffee place in Downtown Crossing called Ogawa, and we already think we're going back to request cool coffee art. And also, I finally got to experience Primark. How have we not had one in the US before?? If you are from the Boston area, I highly suggest checking it out! There's four floors and they have anything ranging from sweaters and shoes, to home decor and kids clothes. We definitely got lost in there a couple times, but it was fun to see all the variety! 

Top: Zara | Cape: Nordstrom | Jeans: American Eagle | Boots: Ivanka Trump (on sale!) | Bag: Catherine Malandrino

Follow
Hello lovely people, and hello 2016! I hope you all had a great time either going out or staying in (like me) when the ball dropped at midnight! I decided to spend my last few hours of 2015 watching High School Musical with my sister, after all, it is the 10 year anniversary of Troy and Gabriella's first duet! If you read my last post, where I shared the highlights of my year, you'd know that the end of my year was a little rocky. But here's a toast to a sweet 16! Let's work to make this year better than the last(:

You may know I'm a fan of black, and easy-going looks. So put those two things together, and it's practically this outfit. I love the whole cape look, because it's a variation of the poncho, which I was very into in elementary school and hope to bring back! I went into Boston with my friend Vivian to grab a lunch at Tatte, grab a coffee, and shop. 

At the time, it was weirdly warm, so I was fine in just the long sleeve and practically a scarf as my coat. Which is so weird to say in winter in New England! But I took advantage of it anyways! We tried a new coffee place in Downtown Crossing called Ogawa, and we already think we're going back to request cool coffee art. And also, I finally got to experience Primark. How have we not had one in the US before?? If you are from the Boston area, I highly suggest checking it out! There's four floors and they have anything ranging from sweaters and shoes, to home decor and kids clothes. We definitely got lost in there a couple times, but it was fun to see all the variety! 

Top: Zara | Cape: Nordstrom | Jeans: American Eagle | Boots: Ivanka Trump (on sale!) | Bag: Catherine Malandrino

Follow

13 comments

  1. Great outfit! Still in love with your boots, I need a new pair! And how great is Primark?! I love it here in the UK but I can imagine that the new US ones are even better than ours! x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute blog post! love your outfit!

    http://natalyg.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cape♥ it looks comfy, yet super chic;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful look! Happy New Year!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cape is super cute and chic!
    Xo, Tara
    http://brunette-ambitions.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma, you are SO pretty! Love the cape and wishing you a HAPPY 2016!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveeee all black looks! That cape is off the charts cute girl

    Emma | With A City Dream

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute look!

    http://alexamjohnson.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks delicious, I am smitten :D
    See my winter outfit consisting of vintage pieces (link).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous gal, stunning blog.

    www.roliedema.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

Contact

Instagram

© Emma's Style Guide
Design by The Basic Page