Hope everyone had a fun halloween! I had was able to take a little break from school to hang out with my friends. A big group of us went as aliens, my favorite part was that I got to wear purple lipstick and cover myself in glitter of course! 

I've never shopped in American Apparel myself, but my mom actually picked out this dress over the summer. It's a nice light chambray, so it's great for days thats are cool but also warm. It's super minimal, so I didn't want to dress it up much. I was going on a good-bye before college date with my friend Sharon, so we went into Boston and caught up over coffee and lunch. One of my favorite places in Boston is the Thinking Cup. It's a really cute and cozy coffee shop right on Newbury Street near all the shops. It was the perfect spot to grab some outdoor seating while sipping on hazelnut latte.

I'm usually a bit iffy on the shift dress trend, because it's typically not the most flattering style. But because of the chambray material and natural boxiness of the dress, I really like how it looks! Also, a dress with pockets is an automatic win in my book.

Dress: American Apparel | Shoes: Converse | Backpack: Rebecca Minkoff | Sunglasses: Forever 21 | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway"

Follow
Hope everyone had a fun halloween! I had was able to take a little break from school to hang out with my friends. A big group of us went as aliens, my favorite part was that I got to wear purple lipstick and cover myself in glitter of course! 

I've never shopped in American Apparel myself, but my mom actually picked out this dress over the summer. It's a nice light chambray, so it's great for days thats are cool but also warm. It's super minimal, so I didn't want to dress it up much. I was going on a good-bye before college date with my friend Sharon, so we went into Boston and caught up over coffee and lunch. One of my favorite places in Boston is the Thinking Cup. It's a really cute and cozy coffee shop right on Newbury Street near all the shops. It was the perfect spot to grab some outdoor seating while sipping on hazelnut latte.

I'm usually a bit iffy on the shift dress trend, because it's typically not the most flattering style. But because of the chambray material and natural boxiness of the dress, I really like how it looks! Also, a dress with pockets is an automatic win in my book.

Dress: American Apparel | Shoes: Converse | Backpack: Rebecca Minkoff | Sunglasses: Forever 21 | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway"

Follow

20 comments

  1. Love your outfit - very cute and basic :)
    And the photos you took are great!
    xo Laura

    http://xoxolaurabelle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit!!! Love chambray for this time of year especially! Really like your blog too! :)
    Xoxo
    Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I love the Chuck's with it as well!!!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking lovely and cute!

    http://www.distinguisheddiva.com/2015/11/teever.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. super:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a cute dress dear.
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the simple look! and your pics are fab!

    ARABELLA.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! I love your chambray style!
    XO, Jillian
    http://rhymeandreason-jillian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That food looks so tasty!
    Great photos :)

    Lau
    www.lscrapbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look adorable, I really like your chambray dress it's perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! These all all my favorite spots in Boston! Never knew you were from here too! We should meet up!

    http://alexamjohnson.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this look! That dress is so simple and cute.

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those sunglasses are so pretty, I love the pattern!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your cute dress!! Las pic looks beautiful!!!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg. I love your blog! I just found it today. It's always fun to find other teenagers in the blog realm. I'm 17, 18 in two months! Your style is to die for! Definitely following along. xoxo

    I just started blogging recently. I'd love if you checked it out! <3
    Brainchild

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your dress !! Nice pictures ! :)

    Kisses !

    http://www.petitefemme.it/index.php/it/139-mom-jeans-la-nuova-grande-tendenza

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous dress! I love your choice of footwear too! and the sunnies <3 <3

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

Contact

Instagram

© Emma's Style Guide
Design by The Basic Page