Totally in-VEST-ed in this look! I've never really worn menswear inspired pieces, but when I saw this vest trend, I changed my mind! I actually stole this vest from my mom's closet(: She had gotten it from a local boutique, and when she told me we were taking a day trip to NYC, I knew that I was definitely wearing this. It was only fitting that she wore a vest as well, so we were just a normal mother-daughter duo rocking the vest look on the streets of New York City. 

We had to go to New York for my mom to do some business, so there wasn't much exploring, but we did end up getting to do some fun things in between errands! I got to go to Eately which is spot by the Flatiron building and it has all sorts of Italian food and products. Also the home of the best spaghetti I'd ever eaten, kid you not, it was just buttered noodles but they were amazing!!

Also while in New York, as soon as we got off the bus, it was unexpectedly bright so I picked up a new pair of sunnies (I need to stop) which I think made the vest even better. Also, little note, I have a ton of mid-terms this week which is why I haven't been able to write up posts! I've been trying to keep up with my instagram @emmahonohan


Vest: boutique (super similar here!) | Tee: Nordstrom | Shorts: DIY Vintage Levi's (similar pair here) | Shoes: Converse | Backpack: Rebecca Minkoff | Necklace: J.Crew | Sunglasses: Aldo | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway"



Follow

Totally in-VEST-ed in this look! I've never really worn menswear inspired pieces, but when I saw this vest trend, I changed my mind! I actually stole this vest from my mom's closet(: She had gotten it from a local boutique, and when she told me we were taking a day trip to NYC, I knew that I was definitely wearing this. It was only fitting that she wore a vest as well, so we were just a normal mother-daughter duo rocking the vest look on the streets of New York City. 

We had to go to New York for my mom to do some business, so there wasn't much exploring, but we did end up getting to do some fun things in between errands! I got to go to Eately which is spot by the Flatiron building and it has all sorts of Italian food and products. Also the home of the best spaghetti I'd ever eaten, kid you not, it was just buttered noodles but they were amazing!!

Also while in New York, as soon as we got off the bus, it was unexpectedly bright so I picked up a new pair of sunnies (I need to stop) which I think made the vest even better. Also, little note, I have a ton of mid-terms this week which is why I haven't been able to write up posts! I've been trying to keep up with my instagram @emmahonohan


Vest: boutique (super similar here!) | Tee: Nordstrom | Shorts: DIY Vintage Levi's (similar pair here) | Shoes: Converse | Backpack: Rebecca Minkoff | Necklace: J.Crew | Sunglasses: Aldo | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway"



Follow

22 comments

  1. Adorabe look...I love it!!!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute vest! <3
    Xo, Christianne
    Http://simplychristianne.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I love this look. I always enjoy stopping by your blog!
    XO JNESS
    jenessasheffield

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing ! great photos :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love menswear inspired pieces. This looks great on you. Hope you had fun at Eataly! Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit!

    http://alexamjohnson.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so cool girl! Never seen a vest in this color.
    ♡ Kristina
    TheKontemporary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post! I love the pictures:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great look honey!
    kisses
    check it out my new post:
    http://www.honeyandcotton.org/trends-fallwinter-201516/?lang=en

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit and playing twinsies with mom, how sweet. Happy to hear you had fun day here in NYC. You can never go wrong with a day trip here. I love Eataly, espcially during the spring/summer. Response being.....after work a group of us like to go there for cocktails on the rooftop. I live just a few blocks over on the east side and so I'm just a quick walk away at the end of the night. You''ve inspired me to take my mom there, I'm sure she would love it.

    www.stylegonerogue.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely outfit! I really like the oversized blue vest and your new pair of sunnies :) xx Maja
    ☀ http://majasmuffin.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing!! Love the vest <3

    Lot of kisses and nice to meet your blog :-)

    http://looking4theblacksheep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute - I'm a fan of vests. They quickly and easily change up an outfit, giving it layers and visual interest. Love the necklace too. :)
    www.everydaystilettos.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit, especially the vest. I like that it's definitely 'borrowed from the boys' but in a lighter, more wearable color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing look!
    And your picture are perfectly taken! Great work!
    http://dmdmagazine.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super casual yet chic look!

    http://www.fashionpumpkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your outfit! Lady back and girly <3 Love the pastel colors and your necklase as well

    xo xo
    Marina
    http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/2015/10/blackout.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your vest!! You look adorable!!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cute vest, great job!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

Contact

Instagram

© Emma's Style Guide
Design by The Basic Page