Here's a little secret, these photos were actually taken nearly one year ago on my road trip to college. Yikes! I found the photos in my archive, better late than never! On a separate trip to NYC I paid a visit to Beacon's Closet which is more of an upscale thrift/second hand store. After a long time of searching through hangers I managed to find this beautiful kimono there. I'm in love with the detailed lace and fringe, and it was luckily in such good condition. Since the lace is enough of a statement, I was able to just wear all black (one of my fav things to do anyways).

It's weird because in less than two weeks, I'll be making the same trip to school, but since these photos have been taken so much has changed! I guess I'm a bit excited for school, but since I don't have welcome week or anything to start my year before actual classes, I feel like I'll just be fully thrown into the ring of classes and work again (not excited of that part). 

I paid my last visit to NYC before school on Friday. It was only a day trip, so we didn't have that much time but I was still able to snap a few shots which will be up in a couple days!
Kimono: Vintage (similar here) | Tank: Forever 21 | Shorts: Urban Outfitters | Sunglasses: Thrifted (similar here) | Sandals: Forever 21 | Necklace: Stella and Dot | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway" 

Follow
Here's a little secret, these photos were actually taken nearly one year ago on my road trip to college. Yikes! I found the photos in my archive, better late than never! On a separate trip to NYC I paid a visit to Beacon's Closet which is more of an upscale thrift/second hand store. After a long time of searching through hangers I managed to find this beautiful kimono there. I'm in love with the detailed lace and fringe, and it was luckily in such good condition. Since the lace is enough of a statement, I was able to just wear all black (one of my fav things to do anyways).

It's weird because in less than two weeks, I'll be making the same trip to school, but since these photos have been taken so much has changed! I guess I'm a bit excited for school, but since I don't have welcome week or anything to start my year before actual classes, I feel like I'll just be fully thrown into the ring of classes and work again (not excited of that part). 

I paid my last visit to NYC before school on Friday. It was only a day trip, so we didn't have that much time but I was still able to snap a few shots which will be up in a couple days!
Kimono: Vintage (similar here) | Tank: Forever 21 | Shorts: Urban Outfitters | Sunglasses: Thrifted (similar here) | Sandals: Forever 21 | Necklace: Stella and Dot | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway" 

Follow

24 comments

  1. I'm a huge fan of kimono! Such a perfect piece for summer and even an early fall. Gorgeous :))
    Have a beautiful Monday,
    A.
    http://thepixiechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable look...love those flats!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found some awesome things at vintage stores: I love taking my time and perusing the selections!
    Julia // Little Miss Haute Couture

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you found these photos! Hahaha! Because you look freaking adorable! I love the kimono! The lace and fringe design is just so feminine and classic boho, I love it <3

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look - perfect for hot summer days in NYC!

    Natalie
    www.urbanwrinkle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable are those shoes! Love them!
    -Carolanna
    www.girlmeetsbrave.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. super:) xx
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit! And omg you have amazing legs!!

    Basic Is The Mood

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that these pieces still look stylish today. You are a good shopper.

    http://www.racheldinh.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sunglasses are amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't look that different! This looks is definitely just as stylish now as it was a year ago.

    only for the sweetest. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous! Love the flats!

    Hailey
    www.themiddlecloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cardigan! Beautiful styling!
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the sunnies and shorts!
    xx
    Carly
    http://bunbunbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the lace touch in your outfit! Always a great sense of style!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. AAA I am in love with your cardigan! thanks for sharing, you have an amazing blog. Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that kimono.

    www.nothingbutvelvet.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hehe thought I was the only one who did this, posting photos I'd taken and forgotten to share.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your shoes!



    http://brightdecember.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

Contact

Instagram

© Emma's Style Guide
Design by The Basic Page