Summer is in full swing finally! I really wanted to get this post up before the fourth, so I'm falling asleep while writing this at 2AM(:

I came home from NYC to celebrate the fourth of July with my family. Vivian and I went to our town's carnival last night to watch the fireworks. I've never been a fan of rides (I'm always super scared of them!) but I love the atmosphere and the flashing lights everywhere is like a constant party! We waited until dusk for the fireworks to start, and this year the show was great because they managed to get the fireworks to shoot really close to the ground and we were really close so the sparks were filling the entire sky. The place was completely packed, but I thought it would be fun to share a red, white, and blue outfit with you all!

I got this dress a few years ago from Gap and hardly wore it because it was so long. I really wanted to wear it because of the colors, so I actually decided to chop them hem a few inches right before heading out, and I actually like how it turned out. But my main source of color is in my headband. A little secret, it's actually a belt, but my friend had the idea to start wearing them as headbands and I thought the colors were perfect for the fourth! I really hope you all have a great long weekend and happy fourth of july!


Dress: Gap (another stripe dress here) | Belt : J.Crew | Headband: Yumi Kim | Crossbody: Nordstrom | Sneakers: Converse | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway"

Follow
Summer is in full swing finally! I really wanted to get this post up before the fourth, so I'm falling asleep while writing this at 2AM(:

I came home from NYC to celebrate the fourth of July with my family. Vivian and I went to our town's carnival last night to watch the fireworks. I've never been a fan of rides (I'm always super scared of them!) but I love the atmosphere and the flashing lights everywhere is like a constant party! We waited until dusk for the fireworks to start, and this year the show was great because they managed to get the fireworks to shoot really close to the ground and we were really close so the sparks were filling the entire sky. The place was completely packed, but I thought it would be fun to share a red, white, and blue outfit with you all!

I got this dress a few years ago from Gap and hardly wore it because it was so long. I really wanted to wear it because of the colors, so I actually decided to chop them hem a few inches right before heading out, and I actually like how it turned out. But my main source of color is in my headband. A little secret, it's actually a belt, but my friend had the idea to start wearing them as headbands and I thought the colors were perfect for the fourth! I really hope you all have a great long weekend and happy fourth of july!


Dress: Gap (another stripe dress here) | Belt : J.Crew | Headband: Yumi Kim | Crossbody: Nordstrom | Sneakers: Converse | Watch: Michael Kors "Runway"

Follow

21 comments

  1. You are adorable! This looks like the PERFECT day!

    xo Alice at The Lone Star Looking Glass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures!!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like so much fun - summer is here, hurray! Enjoy this hot and sticky weekend sunshine, and keep up the good work!

    XO from Malta,
    www.b-biche.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTY PICSSSS ! ;D

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love carnivals! And popcorn :)
    xx Elle

    New outfit post on:
    www.cherryblossomstreet.com - Swedish Fashion Blogger and Model in TOKYO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit<3 love this post you look so beautiful
    follow for follow?:)

    xoxo
    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress ;) Bisous from France, *-* Sand. *-*

    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to be in the U.S. For fourth July, the celebrations look awesome. Love your dress
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. carnivals are such a great entertainment
    you look great in your striped two pieces
    kisses and happy 4th of july
    http://www.theitalianglam.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look adorable. I love you hair!



    http://brightdecember.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this dress and I love that you cut the hem because I'm kind of loving the unfinished hem. Just discovered you blog and I'm obsessed! Do you currently live in NYC? I'm from NYC so I loving coming across NYC based bloggers. Also love that your mom is a fashion designer! I work at Cosmopolitan/Seventeen so I have such an appreciation for anyone in the fashion industry!

    Look forward to seeing more of your posts!

    www.lastylenysmile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda! This is so sweet! I'm actually here for an internship and my last day is Friday. If you're free and want to meet up to grab lunch or dinner before then I'd love to!

      Delete
  12. Looks like a wonderful event! Happy 4th!
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute look, so chic and summery, I really like the dress and that beautiful belt looks great like a headband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. these photos are just so cute! looks like you had lots of fun~

    XOXO Courtney
    http://colormecourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet pics!! my congratulations with your holiday! ;)

    WWW.LIAKW.COM

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute Blog! Love it <3

    Kasestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is looking such a great festival and people seem to having fun all around. You are also looking fantastic. I also had been to a small festival at venues Chicago; we were couple of friends there and had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read all comments. Thank you for stopping by!

Contact

Instagram

© Emma's Style Guide
Design by The Basic Page